Monday, April 27, 2009

Finding a new identity

That's what it feels like. I am still a druid. I am still a restoration druid. But I don't have a feel for how to play any more. I feel like a fumbling, bumbling idiot...

My usual Sunday/Monday 10-man group went to Ulduar yesterday. I used Rejuventation as my go-to heal while stacking all different HoTs on the tanks. Then using Nourish to keep them at max health. Pretty standard stuff. But looking at the WWS reports after the raid, I saw that my HPS took a massive hit from pre-3.1 numbers. And it's not all about Lifebloom. I just can't put my finger on what the problem is.

I was responsible for rooting the adds during the Ignis fight so I missed a lot of heals while we learned that fight. But I felt like my HoTs tick too slowly to make a difference and my direct heals were very sad by comparison to either our shaman or our paladin and I don't think either are geared as well as I am.

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I think of myself as relatively skilled and knowledgeable about the game and especially about my class. Last night was rather sobering. Perhaps I'm not as good as I thought I was and I was just coasting on an overpowered healing class.

1 comment:

Syll said...

I wouldn't sweat it, Elk. Just try out some new combinations, take a look at your talents, gems, enchants, glyphs. See what is helping you and what is not. I think the best thing we can do right now is to really get a feel for how much of our gear and extras we need to devote to mana regen, then place the rest back into spell power. The nerf wasn't as awful as most of us anticipated. I was really bumbling at first, myself, but feel like I'm catching my stride again, after several attempts at finding a new balance in different ways.